Saturday 17 January 2015

Take a stand!!



I have been asking my mother and my grandma every now and then.. "Why can't my father do the households? What is wrong with a man doing(not helping in) the household works? How does that make him any smaller by doing his own work by himself..! Why a man or a boy do not have to do or learn the works like.. cooking daily meals.. sweeping the home.. washing his own clothes at least! Put his shelves properly!! If we as women are forced to do this..why not our brothers.. fathers.. husbands or any other man in the civilized society!" 

Every time I asked these..I was told to just shut up..! and by mistake..if I asked this before my father... That day was my worst nightmare..with all the NONSENSE explanations and preaching from my beloved mother and grandma.. All they have to say is.. It is like that.. And it will be like that..always.. Men don't do all these worthless works as they work hard at office all day long.. They need rest.. They need the house to be clean when they come home.. They must be fetched with best of the foods.. Even if they don't do anything at home!!! They have the sole right to take every decision regarding home!!

I just feel like yelling only one word at the highest pitch possible..."WHY!!!!!!" Just tell me WHY THE HELL should they have all these privileges?? Why a woman will do all the works for home and still have no rights to keep her opinion while taking decisions for home! Why is it too important to satisfy the so called man's ego..even if it is at the cost of a woman's self esteem!!! Why do we need to underestimate our self to make them feel proud of themselves even if they are clearly wrong at a point!!

I seriously don't get it.. If a woman can do all the household works even after working whole day at office or taking care of family.. what is the big deal if a man follow the same!! How is it justified that a man will be provided with all the best things..while a woman is indeed worthy of that! How is it justified that.. A woman must do all the things to just satisfy a man's ego!! He is just another human being after all!!

My question is not for any man.. Rather for the women in the society.. Why the hell can't you take a stand for yourself even when it is a question about your rights.. your self esteem.. your existence..! How can you be OK with all the inequality..! Why can't you just be yourself for the better of the house.. family.. society.. and for YOU!! Unless you understand your worth.. how can you blame the social norms..or the male rights..or the male ego..for dominating you.. !! Rather it is you who is underrating yourself...and no one else is responsible for it...

theme:
This is for the statistics.. "More than 2/3rd Indian women feel,there exists inequality at home, between men and women"
“I am writing for #IsLaundryOnlyAWomansJob activity at BlogAdda.com in association with Ariel.”

No comments:

Post a Comment